Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sir Errol.

During my stay, I have been fortunate enough to meet two brothers whom I pray will be lifetime friends. They are two young men who are serious about their faith and are livin' it out. One is my brother in Manila....the kids at the children's home call him "Sir Errol."

To be honest I do not remember how I first met Errol, but I can be sure that I will not forget him. He is the P.E. teacher at the JCCV (Jesus Christ Church in the Valley) School and a consistent figure in the lives of the Children of K.I.M. Manila. He is the Basketball coach, swimming instructor, soccer coach, and pretty much all things sports for the School and Children's home kids. He is an easy going and soft spoken guy who lets his actions speak louder than his words. He is a role model for the boys and girls, and a vital part of the K.I.M. ministry.

Over the last two months I have gotten to know Errol and can confidently call him my friend. We have enjoyed hanging out with one another. I coached him through his first game of bowling, but the second one I had nothing to do with. He has invited me over to his house several times to see his infamous pigs. We're about even in billiards. A few times he has allowed me to help him out with coaching the kids (more like being an official fan). And on several occasions we have spent hours building each other up with scripture and encouragement. In short, to share all about "Sir Errol" in a blog would be a failing attempt. Though we come from two different worlds we have found a bond stronger than national or racial ties. We have found that the same "Blood" flows through our veins, that is why I am proud not to only call "Sir Errol" my friend, but my brother.


1 comment:

  1. Been praying for you! I am not going to lie, this post made me cry...tears of joy of course. Such a beautiful thing our BROTHERS AND SISTERS in other countries!

    ReplyDelete