Monday, August 31, 2009

Jeff Long

Anyone who has been connected or had some experience with K.I.M. knows Jeff Long. For two months I have had a great opportunity to watch the director of Kids International Ministries in action. All of his staff loves and respects him. His children and wife admire him. The Filipinos of the surrounding area respect him. And they rightly do. I can not describe all the times I have witnessed how his simple sharpness quickly brings a solution to a problem. He always has to be moving, doing five things at a time. And he always knows how to accommodate people.

However, it has been in simple expressions of gentleness that I have seen what makes "Sir Jeff" simply Jeff from Kansas. I have seen how he is with the children. "Uncle Jeff" never hesitates to pick up a child and lay a big one on their cheek. Immediately he shifts from the tough-guy into the big teddy bear. He also never hesitates to help anyone in need. If someone needed the shirt off of his back he would give it without even thinking about it.

This is the Jeff Long I am glad to have gotten to know; the simple Kansas boy who is doing his best to live out Faith in Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment