Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Brad"

As I said before, there have been two young men I have come to know as brother. Sir Errol of Manila and my brad(bro) in Malaybalay, Donald. In the short time I have had to live out faith with them, they have become my Kuya's.

Donald is the all around go to guy at the Children's home in Mindanao. He is the driver, official papparrazi, un-official host, tech-man, and also works on the K.I.M. website. He is also the Kuya (Big Brother) to the boys and girls in Mindanao. He is committed to his local church body. He leads his fellow siblings in Christ in weekly bible study....all with a cool attitude and great sense of humor. The home in Mindanao runs much more smoothly with Donald around. He is a young professional who decided to turn down a job opportunity in New Zealand to work with K.I.M. Just one of the many reasons he has my respect.

While in Bukidnon we hung out and shared life. I pray that I helped sharpen him up as much as he has sharpened me. Most would think that 3 weeks is not enough time to gain a friend; in 2 weeks I gained a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment