Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to School




After a "Big Day", it was nice to switch the pace up a bit and spend some time at the JCCV school. I spent the morning tutoring English. The classrooms were filled with little children dressed in yellow and blue uniforms. I assisted in a few classes, or more like joined the kids with whatever they were doing. The rest of the time I spent with CJ and Angela. CJ is 9 and a smart boy. We went over reading, pronounciation and comprehension. Angala was a bit older and had a very playful personality. We sat in the principles office reviewing the English alphabet. Everytime she got a letter correct she celebrated with a laugh and smile. It was a fun day, and some well needed rest from activity as I continue to fight this sinus infection.

In a two days I will be heading north to stay with a local Pastor. Pastor Rey (a.k.a Sugar Rey) has invited me to spend the weekend with He and his family. He and I am excited to make the trip, and he assures me that I will love his wife's cooking. However, he is not shy in constantly reminding me that the living conditions will not be as "luxurious" as the YMC. We will be visiting local churches and he has asked that I encourage the people there. I ask that you keep this time in prayer. Pray that Christ would be set on display for all he is; the Lion of Judah and Lamb of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment