Sunday, July 26, 2009

Getting back to 100%...slowly.






I have been trying to fight off a cold for the last week, but I am on the up--or so I think. It has been difficult because the schedule has continued; construction 8-5, bible study with the workers--not knowing if what is said is understood--at 1, children devotions at 7 and random opportunities that present themselves. Being worked, stretched, challenged, tested....

Today, however, offered a change of pace. This morning I joined Coach Errol along with 30 kids from the school to a soccer tournament held at local Faith Academy High School. The morning was enjoyable as we watched and cheered on. The few of us that were there did the best we could to cheer them on. It was a joy to watch them run and laugh. I was proud to see them all play so strongly, but still fairly. Again, I witnessed the contributions of Norco in action. The kids played with soccer shoes donated from Norco. Well done.

Later a few volunteers and myself trekked further into Manila to help Miles with her feeding ministry. We acted out Acts 9 and shared how seeing Jesus Christ for who he really is changes you. Then we played some more, passed out lunch and handed out toothbrushes and toothpaste.

There is so much to take in, so much to do, and so much to be a part of. It is difficult to be everywhere at once. And equally difficult to keep from being distracted. In the midst of life here., I find myself wrestling to maintain focus. There are so many things that would have my attention. Please keep this in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment