Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hard to get de-sensitized.


Saturday. Began the day with lingering thoughts from yesterday. Today was a bit more joyful, but still bittersweet.

Let me tell you a little bit about my friend Randy. He is 25, a husband and a father of two; one little girl and a 10 week old baby boy. I have spent the last week working side-by side with Randy. We often take our minds off of work with simple talk. I've discovered he enjoys music, and American pop-culture. He, like every true Filipino, loves the boxer Manny Paciao. Randy is one of the more animated guys at work, so seeing him with his family allowed me to see a side of Randy that I have not seen at the work site.

Randy's little boy Kirk has been ill this last week. The little baby boy has suffered from dehydration and diarrhea. I sat and watched as Kirk was given fluids by a retired nurse here at the YunJin Ministry Center. He never made a sound, but sat quietly moving his arms while mom and dad anxiously sat nearby. The parents were given some food to take care of themselves and their precious child, they Randy went back to work. When we talked earlier in the day he shared with me how he would spend Sunday (his day off). Breakfast, church, and make some Lunch for the Family and some time with his wife.

Later in the day it was back with the Kids. Again I unfairly experienced the fruits of the Norco team. In the afternoon I helped Mile's hand out sandals and toys that had been brought over by the infamous Kuyas (brothers), Ates (sisters), and Lola (grandmother) from Norco. The smiling faces were rewarding. There was little to spread around, so somethings had to be spread thin.

Please continue to pray for the people here in Manila and Kids International Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment