Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coming Home

Don't worry! We're not coming home just yet! We've still got nearly three weeks to go. But being back with KIM in the Philippines feels a bit like coming home to me. Much has changed here, with old friends gone and new ones arrived. The ministry has grown; there are even new buildings (some of which I helped build, and some I will be). But the fundamentals are the same: the emphasis on serving God with whole hearts, minds, and bodies in the face of great need. And many of the people I met last year are still here, providing the backbone of the ministry.

It also felt like coming home because our FBCN sisters are here to welcome us. We met up with the girls yesterday and got to hear all about their time here. It's great to see how they've grown, each in the Lord and as a team. I'm sure we'll be relying on their help in navigating the culture here, and I hope we can be edifying to them as well.

We'll be starting our real work today, doing construction on a new building that will eventually house the library for the community school. Pray for us to be physically able to meet this task, as it is hard work in an unfamiliar and not very forgiving climate. Pray for wisdom for me to ensure the well-being of my guys so they can fully serve God for the duration of the trip. Finally, pray that we'll also get a chance to do spiritual work with the men from the community we'll be working with as well as the KIM kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment