Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Year, New Team, Eternal Message!


Hello again!

Once again First Baptist Church of Norco is sending a team to the Philippines to help Kids International Ministries minister to the people of Manila and spread the gospel. This year I (Trevor Loflin) am joined by Dan and Jen Yakel, Jessica Doubleday, Joelle Seesing, and Bekah Mooney. Our goal is to come alongside the missionaries and workers and minister to them. If you've kept up with us in previous years, you'll know there's plenty of work to be done; if not, we'll be sure to keep you updated. We leave tomorrow; we'll be in the Philippines for two weeks.

As I sit packing my stuff, I reflect on the blessings God has given me. This is my third opportunity to travel to the Philippines and take part in the ministry there. In addition to the fun I always have there and the joy of participating in the work of God and helping people in need, I've been given the opportunity to develop more long-term relationships with the workers, children, and people in the community. My desire is that by cultivating a long-term relationship with the ministry, I can more effectively serve them, even though my time there is short.

We'll be updating this blog regularly, so I'll leave it to my teammates to describe their own experiences. In the meantime, please be in prayer for us, for Kids International Ministries, and for the spread of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment