Friday, July 2, 2010

Drawing Near to the End

It's incredible how quickly time passes by, especially when you realize this is only your second and last blog post of the entire trip... Although it is sad to think that our time here in the Philippines is coming to an end, I am so thankful for how God has been working in my life and in this team for the past 19 days, faithfully opening doors for ministry and opening our eyes to his amazing grace each and every day. We have been blessed to witness and learn from people dedicated and passionate about seeing God's kingdom advanced in this country, and I have been humbled by the people of this nation who find joy even when physically they have nothing, whereas I struggle to remain thankful even when I have been given so much. It is through their example that I have begun to reexamine my own heart and pray desperately that God would continue to mold and shape me. As we depart from the Philippines, it is this team's hope and prayer that over the past three weeks not only physical needs were met, but that a greater realization of the spiritual needs of these people were further strengthened. Oh how amazing it is that the God of this universe would allow us to be a part of his mission to be glorified throughout the world.
In Christ,
Adam Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment